Sunday, March 30, 2008

Giant Pumpkin Seeds are a lot of work

As part of our promotion for my documentary film Bill's Big Pumpkins we started selling packages of giant pumpkin seeds. We started doing it to help pay for the production and promotion of the movie. This, to my surprise, has been very well received. We've shipped more seeds than DVDs. I imagine we'll keep doing it. We've met many interesting and exciting people in the process!

Here's a picture of my last batch of seeds for the year. I lay out the seeds in lines, making sure each one has 10 seeds of the right kind, and then I package them up. This was something like 45 packages, two weeks ago. I'm down to less than 20 packages now! Not to surprising considering it will soon be time to put pumpkin seeds in the ground.


No comments: