Monday, March 24, 2008

DS how I heart thee! Atari, why do you ruin a great game?


Wife calls me at work Friday, EOD (end of day) and says the five year old is gung ho Battleship. My first thought is the Nintendo DS. She goes on about how we should get electronic Battleship, but it’s like $50 I say, so I say I'm getting another DS. It honestly was part of my plan all along, to get another DS with games like Battleship. I leave work, tool around towns, grab a Coral Blue DS and eventually find the Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble game pack. Get it home, charge up the new DS and low and behold, it doesn't offer DS download play. WTF? Seriously, here's a game I paid $25 for (too much, but Gamestop, the last place I went on my 1.5 hr search, had the game), a game that's all about multi-person play but to do that I'll need to buy another copy! Crap. Atari, I'm quite disappointed in your product. Hasbro, shame on you too. I could go spend $25 and get the tactile versions of all the games and play with any number of people no problem.

However, on another note, I finished the Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass. That was an incredible game. Very fun, I'd recommend giving it a shot.


No comments: