Friday, September 4, 2009

Onward to Education

I got my grade for GSP-410 (Software Engineering for Game Programming) today. Was excited to see I got an A.

I'm a week into my other classes now and things are going well. I'm taking a career development class, CARD 405. That is a real snooze so far. All about interviewing and the job market. Which would be good, if I didn't have a job.

The other class is GSP-360, Applied Development Project. The intent of the class to my dismay isn't to develop in the sense of software, its to develop a mod with focus on the documentation. The concept, game design, technical design, project design, etc. documentation. They suggested using Torque, which I was not a fan of modding to. We had to form teams, so I recruited 3 others to work an XNA project. I'm the lead. We'll see where we go.

Our first assignment, the Concept Document, is due on Sunday and we haven't decided what we are going to make yet.


No comments: