Construction continues as you can see in the image below. I'm almost done with all the major cutting and nailing. Just four more cuts on some plywood and I should be ready to sand and poly. I was about to finish the control panel but I decided to take a step back and think about how I can build it so I can get at the controls and wires without a lot of trouble.
I learned from my controller experiment is that my wiring connections needed to be checked and rechecked. Even though I was using the right connectors, I was fighting the contacts. I think I know what to do right this time, but my test controller was open on the bottom which facilitated working on the button and IPac2 connections. For this arcade, I want to make sure I can build and get at the buttons without too much trouble.