Monday, August 17, 2009

Face Detection ala OpenCV


I found this cool tool called OpenCV, which stands for Open source Computer Vision. Its a library for programming computer aided vision stuff, such as with a web cam. I got the face detection algorithms working and as you can see, we're having a little fun with it.

The little red circle on my forehead is the brightest spot in the image. The software will detect any number of faces, circling each. I'm going to make a "temperature" plot based off a target color to help diagnose finding a green laser dot.

I know that although this may sound simple, I'm going to have a lot of problems with color and balance considering the lighting situations I have.


1 comment:

Boo plus Aroo said...

Ryan, I ran across your website when looking for some OpenCV information. Would you be interested in programming a small application for me that uses faceDetect? I imagine it would take an hour or so and I can pay you with PayPal. If so please email me at j o e l w i g t o n AT gmail DOT com for more details. thanks :)