Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

A lot has been going on lately since I've had a long break from school and work. I've been spending (read wasting) my time in enjoyable ways.

Grades were posted for my class. I scored 100% on the final, so I got my A. My wife thinks I'm obsessed, but I have this really strong desire to get an A in all my classes.

Other than that, I played and beat Bioshock. It was a weird game. I played through the first bit three times sine I got the game, but didn't really care for it and didn't know what the big deal was. But this last time it was really engaging. I couldn't wait to put the kids and wife to bed so I could play. It does get a little monotonous towards the end though, but all in all a truly awesome game.

Santa also brought me the Orange Box. Wow. Portal was a blast. That game is wicked cool. Trying to explain it to my friends was weird, but they eventually got it. My 5 year old was watching too, and started telling me how to do it. Though honestly, he wasn't that much help.

I played some online Team Fortress 2. I got tea bagged, which isn't something to brag about, but it happened. Ran into some pretty lame people too, a griefer and a screamer. Otherwise it was a lot of fun. For $20, Orange Box was totally worth it, and I haven't even tried Half Life yet.

Classes start up soon again too, and I was so enjoying my time away.


No comments: