Saturday, July 19, 2008

Giddy like a Geek

As my friends and family know, I've gone gonzo for audio casts (I hate calling them pod casts, so note that so you know what I'm really referring to.) I listen to about 8 casts about video games. I listen to them on my daily drive, which is about an hour a day, plus some at work or at home if I can manage. I really enjoy listening, its easier than reading. The ones I like the most are more prone to comedy or goofy wit, but that correlates to almost all of them. Anyway, today at work I found myself half listening to some brilliant diatribe, a thought that corresponded much with my own, in fact it was my own.

About a week ago I found myself overly interested in one particular debate. To the point of interest where I e-mailed them my thoughts/experience. I didn't think much of it because time passed and I listed to many a cast in between, but come the next update of this particular cast, after I had forgotten my previous message, I heard my own thoughts read aloud.

Now this isn't something to pat myself on the back about. Its no major accomplishment or anything, but I still found myself giddy with happiness. But in the most geeky way I could think of, I wanted a ham sandwich (that's a reference only the hosts or listeners of this cast would understand).

Here's the cast if you care to hear: http://www.videogameshow.org/news_item.php?id=10528 My e-mail is read at about 22 minutes; I'm gr8rdad. Granted it ain't much, its not resume material, but it put a huge smile on my face.


No comments: